Hello everyone !
It’s a day late but I want to say happy new year to all of you. I don’t know who actually read my blog anyway but if there is actually a person reading this, happy new year to you, to all of you who actually read this. I’ve been a slump these past few months and I’m hoping I won’t be a slump anymore this year. I know a lot of people said that new year resolution are bullshit but I’m going to make one now. I feel like when I write my goals, It motivates me to do a lot better to reach thems. Here are my 2015 resolutions :
1. My ultimate goal this year is to lose weight and be more healthy. I’m going to be very realistic with this one, my goal is to lose 18 pounds. I’ve been eating a lot of junk food last year and it’s not healthy for my body. This year I’m going to try to eat healthier, not only to get a better figure, but also for a healthier body. I’m also going to try to exercise more. I’m not a big fan of exercising so I really need to push myself to do it this year.
2. Write more. I’ve been having a lot of fictional thoughts in my brain and I just need to write it out. Last year I get to write almost 2 chapters and then I just forgot about it. This year my goal is to finish the book. I’m really hoping I can finish it. My highest achievement in writing a fictional story is a short story and I really hope I can finish writing a novel this year.
3. Read more. I’ve been in a reading slump this past few weeks and this happened for quite some time over last year. I’m hoping I can read more books in 2015. Last year, I reach my goal in reading 15 books, heck, I even pass it to 25 books. I’m not a fast reader so 25 is quite an achievement for me. Since I read 25 books last year, this year I’m hoping to read 30 books. I’m going to have a lot of free time, hopefully, this year since I’m finishing my diploma in February. I hope I pass everything so I will finish my diploma in around one month. After diploma there will be a 3 months break before degree life starts so I’m going to use that to read a lot because once degree life starts, I don’t think I can read that much anymore. In order to get over my reading slump and to achieve my goal, I’m going to join a read-a-thon this month. Here is some information for the read-a-thon. This is my second time joining this read-a-thon.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
4. Blog more. Beside writing novel, I also want to write more in here. I’ve been reading some books but I haven’t got the chance to review it since 3 months ago. When I finally got time to review it, I just don’t feel like reviewing and at the end, it become a burden for me to review since I read quite a lot of books the last couple months. Now, I’m going to start of fresh and do some new things in here. I’m not going to make a review for each book but I’m going to start making a wrap up for every month. In each wrap up I’m going to include my favorite book from each month if I read more than one book. I will still make a seperate review for a book if I need to address more things. Movie review will stay the same.
5. Take more chances. By this, I mean to not be afraid to try new things and new opportunities and also meet new people. All this time, I’m always so scared to get out from my comfort zone and it’s honestly not a good thing. I feel like I’m lack of experience and skill because I’m so afraid and lazy to try new things. I’m scared that I’ll fail and hopefully this year I won’t, at least I try to be more open to new things, good things and not scared of failing anymore. I still should pass in my study though, hahaha.
I think 5 is enough for a new year resolutions, I don’t want to overwhelm myself with too many goals. Hopefully I can achieve all of these resolutions and I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead !